Elkhorn Elementary School is a team of dedicated students, parents, staff and community members who share a collective responsibility to create a learning environment in which all students grow and succeed.
In order to create lifelong learners we envision a school where:
- All students will learn the essential standards.
- All students will develop appropriate social and problem solving skills.
- Each child has a unique pathway to learning wherein we begin where they are and facilitate. their progress toward reaching their fullest potential.
- Students, staff, and parents communicate effectively and work cooperatively.
- Students show respect toward themselves and others regardless of differences.
- Teachers identify struggling learners and implement different teaching strategies as needed through collaboration.
- Staff is committed to motivating, acknowledging and exciting all students in learning to meet their needs.
Sandra Cuevas, Principal